Reverb 10: Dec 25: Photo

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

Now you do realise there is totally no way this is going to happen, don't you? If I'm not prepared to share my real name online, nor am I likely to share my photo, telephone number or bank account details. Besides, no photograph can tell more than a fragment of a story. There is so much more to a person than can ever be captured in one imagine. A thousand words is not enough to encapsulate anything significant about me. 50000 to 100000 words is considered an average count for a chapter, but my life is a whole novel.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe