Reverb 10: Dec 26: Soul food

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Prompt: Soul food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

Oh my. I was already struggling to take this seriously and then I re-read that last sentence and had to bite back the most obvious and very raunchy reply that immediately jumped into my head! Someone should really have thought harder about their phraseology there; we don't all have clean minds.

Okay, moving on.

My culinary highlight of the year was a box of Indian sweets I gorged on shamelessly. A friend who knew I loved them had brought me a box of assorted varieties for my birthday - some gleaming with edible silver foil, others glistening with sugar syrup, some were halwas studded with slivers of pistachios and dates. Despite the high sugar and and condensed milk content, I have no self-control when it comes to Indian sweets, and although they made me a very happy (albeit slightly queasy) bunny indeed, I have to admit there is very little soul-ful about my greed for them. It's just as well they are such a rare treat, I suppose. I'm drooling just thinking about them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe