Reverb 10: Dec 21: Future self

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prompt: Future self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)

How can I give myself advice for the future since I do not know what will; happen or what will be required? So much is happening that is out of my hands I can't begin to imagine where I will be in five years. All I can say is that any projection based on the current trend is not something to look forward to, and I can only admonish myself to stand fast, hold tight and deal with it.

As for my younger self...

Carpe diem, iuvenis!

I pray thee not to fall victim to the complascent belief that because thy life is smooth and easy now that it always will be.so in the future. There are rough seas ahead, so I bid thee appreciate what thou hast now and enjoy it, for all things do pass. Squander not thy relative fortune however, for it would behove thee to keep a buffer against future harder times that will come. And do not buy that candy-striped cashmere sweater - it may amuse thee now but the colour and style badly mis-suit thee and thou wilt never wear it in public for fear of ridicule.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe