Reverb 10: Dec 18: Try

Monday, December 20, 2010

Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

Like several others I could have liked this prompt better if it had said 'experiment with' instead of 'try', because although it might seem like idle semantics, there is a subtle difference in positivity involved. One is to attempt something with a view to achievement, the other is to test it with a view to discovery,

I am notorious (short concentration span, butterfly brain yadda yadda) for experimenting with many different things, some of which I adopt as more serious pursuits and some of which I decide simply aren't for me. I do things simply because I am interested in new experiences, it's rarely deliberately planned, and carries no obligation of guilt or failure.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe