Reverb 10: Dec 15: 5 minutes.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

Five minutes is too generous - thirty seconds would suffice. I'd rather forget about most of last year. The largest part I want to remember, or will want to in the future, are the stories I've written or brainstormed with my co-writer. The other good stuff - the moments of love and laughter, the days the sun shone and the soft warmth of living fur beneath my hand - were not unique to 2010; they are tucked away in the old neural connections and I hope I shall experience them all over again, and afresh, in 2011.

Of course, some people, including my long-suffering partner, would say I didn't have a memory to lose. Sometimes that's an advantage. What was I saying?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe