Reverb 11: June Prompt. And a brief digression.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June prompt:
What can you let yourself off the hook for?

I probably won't bother with this. It's a pretty stupid and self-indulgent prompt and the swamp that passes for my brain nowadays is sure as heck not getting a creative kick out of the exercise, which had been my hope when I decided to carry on after Reverb 10.

I admit the only reason I've crept back to it now is because I'm prevaricating. I should be writing a post for one of my collaborative stories. I've been trying to write the frigging post for two days and nothing's happening. I know what I need to write, but part of the problem is that it doesn't interest me. It's simply a necessary step in the greater arc. This has nothing to do with the prompt of course, unless you consider prevarication to be letting oneself off the hook. Only it isn't really, because I'll be back here tomorrow still trying to write that damned post.

On a happier and totally irrelevent note, I've discovered it's possible to freeze elderflowers, which solves my problem of how to make gooseberry and elderflower jam when the elderflowers are out now and goosegogs are nowhere to be seen yet. Yay me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe