Reverb 10: Dec 28: Achieve

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Prompt: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

Since I haven't been able to find fulfillment this year, I suppose that's going to be the main thing I'd want to find in the next. But it's a fluffy, intangible thing to aim for -- not a specific something I can qualify like having an ambition to win a gold medal at the Olympics, getting a top job, having a book published or marrying George Clooney. It's the weaving together of all the strands, the bringing into actuality of hopes and intentions, the feeling I'm travelling the right road and doing something rewarding and meaningful that I enjoy. Been a long time since I achieved that, but I know it's do-able because I've done it before. I just need to work on doing it again.

When I attain fulfillment, I will feel... uh, fulfilled. I mean, satisfied. Contented. Like, duh.

Okay, time for a list. I love lists. This is my 10 things/thoughts:
  1. Don't let the bastards grind me down
  2. Accentuate the positive
  3. Keep the goal realistic, and in sight
  4. Don't beat myself up about failures
  5. Celebrate the milestones
  6. Get a new hobby!
  7. Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
  8. Make more quality time for the important people/cats/things in my life
  9. Finish up some of those started-and-abandoned projects
  10. Like myself

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe