Huzzah!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My heating is fixed!! I have hot water again!!!

The plumber arrived with today's snowfall* and worked and cussed for a few hours until we were rewarded with the crank and grind of the boiler firing back to life. You don't realise how much you take heat and hot water for granted until you spend a week without either in sub-freezing temperatures at a time of year when plumbers are booked up with weeks of work. Now I have the radiators switched high to drive off the lingering cold and melt the ice inside the bathroom windows. The cats are passed out on the bed like hot little rags and the household is happy again - see how we're easy to please with a few basic creature comforts?


* this reminds me of a character I write at PE, a spirit whose appearance is conveniently heralded by snow storms - theatrical maybe, but I do like a bit of theatre in my stories.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe