A modest challenge for myself

Thursday, July 02, 2009

I am inspired by nanny_ashtoreth's undertaking to read 25 books by 31 December, 50 in the year, to set myself a small, achievable challenge to ease back into reading regularly again. I used to devour books, both fiction and non-fiction, but once I discovered the interwebs my reading suffered badly (as did my reading sight).

So I'm aiming to finally read some of those unopened books sitting on my shelves. To begin with, I pulled four out of the bookcase nearest to me, and as I finish each one, another will be added to the list in its place.

Not in reading order, my initial selection is:

  • History Play by Rodney Bolt
  • The Pirate Hunter by Richard Zacks
  • Nathaniel's Nutmeg by Giles Milton
  • Strange Devices of the Sun and Moon by Lisa Goldstein

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe