Walking wounded

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I don't know what it is about me. I can cruise unharmed through life for weeks, months even, but then I get insanely accident-prone and sustain multiple injuries. Nothing dramatic you understand, just a serious of mishaps that make you wonder which god you offended this week. Yesterday I burned myself on the cooker, incurring an 8" long weal that blistered far more dramatically than was warranted for the period of contact. Today, the cats ambushed me at the top of the stairs and I went arse over ears all the way down them - grimly refusing to let go of the mug of tea I was holding* so I ended up at the bottom not only bruised and battered, but also scalded. Tomorrow - I'm not getting out of bed.

My partner is currently refusing to be seen in public with me because he says I look like a victim of domestic abuse and doesn't want to be arrested. The cats of course, are probably plotting another ambush since the last one amused them so much.

* I think this is a relic of my horse-riding days, when it was drilled into me that if you fell off, you never, ever let go of the reins. A lesson I dutifully remembered even when I was being dragged along a gravel path once....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe