PanErotica Drabble Challenge: Dead but Dreaming

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

So it's time again already for PanErotica's annual Hallowe'en Drabble Challenge. The theme this year is "Dead but Dreaming" which is a hell of a tough theme but I have only myself to blame because I set it. Yes, I am slightly crazy...


I think my 'punch line' is pretty weak, but for what it's worth, here is my attempt at tackling the challenge:

No Peace for the Wicked

Because I believed the murder was justified, I wasn’t prepared for the guilt. It crept into my subconscious, needled me relentlessly. It devilled my dreams with scenes of such horrible violence that I woke sweating with terror, and brought me to the brink of madness.

Once I realised the only way to ever be rid of this useless guilt, I resolutely took it. I killed myself as I had killed him, with the same knife.

Peace, I thought.

But I have discovered that the dead are cursed to still dream, and in hell there is no wakening from the horrors.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe