Diary Entry for Thursday 6th August

Friday, August 07, 2009

Time for a few updates on what's going on right now, methinks! Actually, that's not a lot really...

On the job front, my redundancy notice period remains terribly vague, and though I thought I would have finished or at least have a more definite idea by now about when I would actually finish, it could still be any time between now and November, and probably at short notice in the end. I dislike the uncertainty, but although I've been looking for jobs to apply for (and believe me, I am not proud or fussy), there's been nothing so far.

On the home front, the hovel desperately needs more in the way of essential maintenance doing before winter. The leaking guttering and land drainage are the two most important issues at the moment - at least until something else falls off the roof. Ah, the jobs of living in a 200-year-old house! If we can get at least one of the problems tackled before winter comes along and creates more for us, that will be something at least.

Now, about a month ago I posted my intention to try and read some of the books I owe that I've never got around to yet. I forgot to report back but so far I have managed to read Nathaniel's Nutmeg by Giles Milton from my list (I should write a mini-review, shouldn't I? Later!), and added another book as its replacement. So, my current selection at the moment, not in reading order, is:

  1. History Play by Rodney Bolt
  2. The Pirate Hunter by Richard Zacks
  3. Dreamfall by Joan D. Vinge
  4. Strange Devices of the Sun and Moon by Lisa Goldstein (currently reading)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe