Who made me really angry...

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Fanny Fae at Panhistoria asks, "Who is the last person that made you really angry?"

And after I'd run through the list of the Usual Suspects when it comes to getting me riled up and spitting fire, I discovered that person was actually myself. Didn't really surprise me too much.

Thinking about it - it's because of my own responses and reactions that I get angry. I know that because I blow up at people that others can tolerate or blithely ignore while I'm doing a fair impersonation of a firework with too much gunpowder in it. Those saints say to me, "Jer, what are you getting your whiskers in a twist for? What's the big deal? Just chill!"

Actually, I am pretty chilled most of the time. There's just a few people that can reliably make me flip my wig at a hundred yards.

Apropos of probably not very much but it seems to fit in here, this morning my Buddhist friend taught me a mantra to neutralise an enemy and prevent them doing harm. I'm suppose to chant this twenty times instead of bristling at them *gets out scrap of paper and intones solemnly: "Aum samo bhagavate shatrunam budhi stambam kuru kuru svaha."

Yeah, I'm really going to remember that in the heat of the moment, aren't I?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe